Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Turtle bureaucracy additional architecture process

Turtle bureaucracy additional architecture process On YouTube.





The undergravel filter does pick up some but not all. I think there might be too much airflow to cause a strong enough suction. Some finer gravel maybe? My goal is to cut down on the cleaning chores without sacrificing my gravel or having to vacuum so often. I hate barebottom tanks, it's like keeping someone in an empty hospital room. Not comfy. Simply wiping off the powerheads every now and then sure beats busting out the hose. Fluval canister filters are the best! Instead of buying one huge filter, i added another fluval of the same capacity to my existing one. They are both made to filter a max of 70gal each and together they work wonderfully! The water just keeps getting clearer! The powerheads are penguin 1140's. They pump 300gph. I'm experimenting with different filtration methods, this was actually my 2nd time refilling the tank. It got really dirty last time, because the turtles kept uncovering the filter plates. For the dock, i cut a large 'zoo-med' turtle platform to sit above the tank, then i tied a piece of corkbark to the holes to act as a ramp so it rises and falls with the water. So far it seems pretty good. I need to update the lighting, though. :)

Tags: turtle, res, tank, setup, red, eared, slider, aquarium, fluval, canister, undergravel, filter, stand, building, construction, filtration, water, above, dock

Kitchenaid Food Processor 750 cooking tools and equipments

No comments:

Post a Comment